Here are some of the areas where the Silk Road Peace Project is currently active:
- Convening multi-ethnic gatherings to promote understanding and reconciliation.
- Developing media resources for awareness and advocacy - see examples below.
- Reaching out to members of affected communities to help with practical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Facilitating prayer gatherings to focus on key factors in the crisis.
- Convening listening events or webinars where victims' voices can be heard.
- Joining efforts to inform government leaders and to support appropriate legislation.
Freedom Trek Creative Video
During the summer of 2021, the Silk Road Peace Project organized a benefit thru-hike of the 485-mile / 780 km Colorado Trail. The purpose was three-fold: 1. Fund-raising 2. Advocacy, and 3. Prayer. Wilderness, the exact opposite of a concentration camp, was the ideal expression for what Uyghurs most need right now — freedom. All donations went directly to the cause. It was a privilege to represent our Uyghur friends during their hour of greatest trial. We recently produced a video from the trek set to a Uyghur-language poetic reading and a piano composition based on a famous Uyghur folksong (Adargul). It is our sincere desire that this short production will be a source of hope and encouragement for Uyghurs who are facing so much trauma. You can view it below (with English sub-titles). Here are the links for the same video with Arabic script Uyghur subtitles and Latin script Uyghur subtitles.